As a 100% subsidiary of Porsche AG, we as Porsche Digital have set out to develop innovative visions, strategies, products, business models, and inspiring customer experiences in order to expand and define the Porsche brand in the age of digitalization. This involves strategies, as well as innovative solutions and concepts, thought far into the future.
The position is based in Ludwigsburg with regular travel activities to universities.
Porsche Digital is committed to working with great talents in order to crack tough engineering challenges faced when designing and building digital products and services for our customers. Along these lines, we are working closely together with well-established academic research institutes. The goal is to enable constant knowledge transfer between academia and industry to attract new colleagues as well as to develop the careers of our diverse staff further. The role we are seeking will be working at the intersection of academic research and teaching as well as industrial projects and processes.
WHAT YOUR TASKS ARE
- Research, experiment and implement different technologies to provide optimized solutions for a given business goal.
- Verify and validate quality attributes of the newly developed technology with respect to functional and non-functional requirements (e.g., explainability, performance, security, ethics, ...).
- Communicate with stakeholders on regular updates in a clear manner and propose solutions to tackle business challenges.
- Keeping up-to-date with academic and applied research in your field and assessing the relevance of scientific developments for the future of the organization.
- Helping establish Porsche as a top-tier research organization by designing and carrying out well-motivated research projects whose results can have a major impact on the company's products as well as the scientific community.
- Attracting, staffing and supervising students on projects.
- Being an active part of the research community by publishing and presenting research results at leading scientific (e.g. journals) and public (e.g. blog posts) venues, participating in outreach events, open-source projects and forums.
- Building and fostering an excellent network of collaborating institutions around Porsche's research activities.
- Preparing and submitting patent applications.
- Owning your research results by pushing for them to have the impact they should have.
- Location: Ludwigsburg
- Type of employment: Permanent
WHAT YOU BRING ALONG
- An academic research background (MSc, PhD preferred) in Computer Science or similar
- Experience in the publication of academic work results (e.g., conferences, journals, patents)
- Expertise in designing and managing demanding student projects
- Expertise with at least one programming language (e.g., Python, R, Java, Kotlin, Scala, C++)
- Experience working in diverse, international teams
- Expertise in one application domain (preferably, but not limited to, automotive)
- Competitive payment
- Thirty days of paid vacation
- Referral bonuses for bringing new talent on board
- Flexible working model (you and your team decide when to be in the office)
- Food allowance for Speisewerk (Ludwigsburg)
- Access to VW canteen (Berlin)
- A coffee bot that helps you to network while working remotely
- Access to our corporate benefits
- Company pension scheme
- Mobility leasing option (e.g. Jobrad, VW Leasing)
- A subsidy for your VVS / BVG ticket
- Modern working environment
- Dog-friendly Office
- Regular surveys to measure your happiness at Porsche Digital
- Personal growth budget
WHAT COMES NEXT
If you've made it this far, don't keep us waiting. Get started - apply directly!
In the meantime: Check out our new Porsche Digital Website to get an impression of what our hearts beat for: https://www.porsche.digital
We are looking forward to every unique application that reaches us. Because diversity is just as important as the energy that flows through our veins.