WHAT YOUR TASKS ARE
At Porsche Digital, we develop digital solutions for Porsche and beyond. We support Porsche’s core business transformation and complement it with new business models and ecosystem partnerships. In this scope, you will be a member of Porsche Digital's AI team which tackles real-world challenges by leveraging data-driven solutions.
In your daily work, you will play a major part in developing data-driven solutions, bringing them from the first idea to the production level. You will do so by working within an agile product team that consists of Data Engineers, Software Engineers, and Machine Learning Engineers.
Your main task will be translating business needs into data-driven solutions by building and maintaining advanced machine learning (ML) and statistical models on diverse, real-world data. Hence, your responsibility covers the complete process starting from understanding and processing raw data to developing production-ready models. You will collaborate closely with domain experts and engineers from a variety of application fields to ensure that the developed solution addresses the actual problem.
You contribute to a mutual learning process on a continuous basis through constant feedback cycles, code reviews with peers, and by clearly communicating progress as well as presenting results to your team, key stakeholders, and customers. You will act as a role model for junior data scientists and will give them guidance in their daily work.
WHAT YOU BRING ALONG
- M.Sc. and long time working experience or Ph.D. and working experience in the field of data science
- Working experience in developing ML-based products from the exploration to the deployment phase
- Know-how of ML and data-focused libraries and tools, such as PyTorch, Keras/TensorFlow, Pandas, and SciKitLearn
- Ability to write well-structured and tested code in Python
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies, and how to scale machine-learning development to the cloud (preferably AWS)
- Firm grip on the statistical and mathematical concepts underlying data science methods.
- Excellent knowledge of English and German
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- A drive to make the services you will be working on better every day
WHAT YOU PREFERABLY BRING ALONG
- Expertise with at least one programming language additionally to Python (R, Java, Kotlin, Scala, C++)
- Experience in running cloud applications on Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure
- Expertise with Git, GitLab, and CI/CD pipelines on GitLab
- fundamental knowledge of Atlassian products like Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of Spark / Hadoop
- Experience with dashboard tools like Tableau, and Qlik
- Knowledge in frameworks like MLflow, KubeFlow, and serving frameworks
- Experience with big data tools like Hive, Impala, and Hue
- Experience with developing complex software which has been brought into productive use
- Experience with working in large teams using professional software development practices, such as writing clean code, participating in code review, using source code management, and using build and deployment pipelines
- Experience working in diverse, international teams
- Expertise in one application domain (preferably, but not limited to, automotive)
- Competitive payment
- 30 days paid vacation
- Referral bonuses for bringing new talent on board
- Flexible working model (you and your team decide when to be in the office)
- Food allowance for Speisewerk (Ludwigsburg)
- Access to VW canteen (Berlin)
- A coffee bot that helps you to network while working remotely
- Access to our corporate benefits
- Company pension scheme
- Mobility leasing option (e.g. Jobrad, VW Leasing)
- A subsidy to your VVS / BVG ticket
- Modern working environment
- Dog-friendly Office
- Regular surveys to measure your happiness at Porsche Digital
- Personal growth budget
WHAT COMES NEXT
If you've made it this far, don't keep us waiting. Get started - apply directly!
In the meantime: Check out our new Porsche Digital Website to get an impression of what our hearts beat for: https://www.porsche.digital
We are looking forward to every unique application that reaches us. Because diversity is just as important as the energy that flows through our veins.